|» Log In » Register » Suggest » Feeds » News » Podcasts » Tags » Pings » Documents » XML » Web Services » Categories » Statistics » Help » Site Map » About|
Previous Syndicated Feed
||Random Syndicated Feed
Next Syndicated Feed
|Headlines||Poll Results||Statistics||XML||Action Log(2)||Notes(0)||Categories||Contacts||Locations||Subscribers||Changes|
|Beef as the largest source of saturated fat||Nondairy products are high in protein, so consume these in moderation because too much protein is not healthful. Whole milk is second only to beef as the largest source of saturated fat.
** 101 Bodybuilding **
|Mr Oylmpia 2006 Result||1. Jay Cutler!
2. Ronnie Coleman
3. Victor Martinez
4. Dexter Jackson
5. Melvin Anthony
6. Gustavo Badell
7. Toney Freeman
8. Markus Ruhl
9. Dennis James
10. Gunter Schlierkamp
11. Vince Taylor
12. Branch Warren
13. Johnnie Jackson
14. Darrem Charles
15. Troy Alves
** 101 Bodybuilding **
|Calories Burned Chart by sports activity||If you haven't exercised in a while, slowly work your way up to a more demanding regimen. This is especially important for high-impact activities such as running and certain types of aerobic, which put extra stress on your joints. Remember to stretch before and after working out to prevent injuries.
Strength building exercises not only burn calories; they increase muscle mass. Increasing your muscle to fat ration will increase your metabolism, even when you are not exercising.
Approximate Calories Burned Per Thirty Minutes of Activity
Activity 185-pound man 125-pound woman
Basketball (full-court) 538 364
Bicycling (13 mph) 394 266
Cross-country skiing (8pmh) 577 390
Golf (twosome) 250 169
Jogging (5 mph) 333 225
Rowing (vigorous) 538 364
Running (8 mph) 577 390
Swimming (55 yd/min) 488 330
Tennis (beginner) 178 120
Walking (4.5 mph) 266 180
|What is the best desserts for Bodybuilders ?||For bodybuilders watching their fat intake, dessert may conjure up images of rich cream and sugar confections. Nevertheless, there is an enticing variety of fruit-based desserts, high in fiber, vitamin and minerals. Some of the traditional baked desserts have low-fat variations which can be a mouth-watering source of energy-giving carbohydrate.
Although many cooked desserts cannot be totally prepared in the microwave, it can make the preparation of some ingredients simpler, faster and with less mess. For instance:
- Where cooked or stewed fruit is used.
- Getting more juice from citrus fruit. Place whole, unpeeled oranges or lemons in the microwave and cook on 'High' for 1-2 minutes. Allow 30 seconds standing time before extracting the juice.
|What is the best Dietary Fiber for Bodybuilders ?||Eat Plenty of Dietary Fibre
- Regulates your rate of digestion and absorption and helps you eliminate waste.
- Bulks up your food without adding kilojoules (calories).
Bodybuilders, particularly those trying to lose weight, should eat plenty of high-fibre foods. The best sources of dietary fibre are often foods which are good for you for other reasons as well. For instance (in addition to fibre), wholegrain bread, brown rice, fruit and whole meal pasta are all excellent sources of complex carbohydrates, essential vitamins and minerals.
Good Sources of Dietary Fibre
- Fruit (especially if eaten with skin on, e.g. apples and pears)
- All vegetables, preferably unpeeled
- Nuts (e.g. almonds and pecans)
- Pulses, such as dried beans, peas and lentils
- Wholegrain cereals (e.g. brown rice, wholemeal pasta, corn, oats, wholemeal breads, biscuits and breakfast cereals).
|Avoid the following foods if you are on diet and reducing your fat intake...||Eat less of the following because they are high in fat and low in other essential nutrients:
- butter, margarine and other spreading fats
- fried foods
- fatty meats and processed meat products (e.g. sausages, burgers, meat pies)
- pastry dishes
- cakes, biscuits, puddings
- crisps and similar potato, corn or wheat snacks
Make the following substitutions to balance intake of some fat and other essential nutrients:
Instead of ... Have this !
full-fat milk semi-skimmed or skimmed milk
butter or margarine low-fat spread or peanut butter
ordinary cheese low- or reduce-fat cheese
chips jacket or boiled potatoes
fatty meat, sausages and
burgers chicken, fish or other lean meat
biscuits and cakes crackers, rice cakes or fruit baars
chocolate fresh fruit
Make the following changes to reduce fat intake while supplying other essential nutrients:
- limit frying to stir-frying with minimal amounts of oil
- top baked potatoes with yogurt, cottage cheese, low-fat cheese or baked beans
- remove skin from chicken or turkey
- grill, bake, stir-fry or boil instaed of frying
- make low-fat salad dressings with flavored vinegar (e.g. raspberry), yogurt seasoned with fresh herbs, or lemon or lime juice
- choose lean cuts of meat and trim off as much fat as possible
Try these low-fat snack ideas:
- sandwiches, rolls, pita, bagels with low-fat fillings (banana, cottage cheese, cheese, tuna, chicken, salad)
- English muffins, fruit buns, scones
- breadsticks, popcorn, pretzels
- oatcakes and rice cakes with low-fat toppings (banana, fruit spread)
- toast with honey, fruit spread or baked beans
- fresh fruit, such as bananas, apples, pears, grapes
- dried fruit, such as raisins, apricots, dates, apples
- dried fruit bars, some cereal bars
- homemade smoothies made with low-fat milk, fruit and yogurt
- low-fat fruit yogurt
|Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome||Sometimes also called runner's knee, patellofemoral pain syndrome refers to pain on and around the knee cap (patella) caused by damage to the underneath surface of the knee cap. This injury is common among girls aged 10 to 20; individuals with small knee caps or those which stick out are more prone to suffer from it, as do those whose feet pronate.
Patellofemoral pain syndrome symptoms : Pain on, around and under the patella, tenderness along the inside border of the knee cap, and pain when bending and straightening up (such as using the stairs).
Patellofemoral pain syndrome treatment : Apply RICE; wear a knee brace. See a doctor for proper rehabilitation and taping. It can be very hard to treat if ignored at the early stages.
|How to perform Girth Measurements||Chest - Level with nipples, tape kept horizontal; record maximal inspiration followed by maximal
Waist - At level of umbilicus, abdominal relaxed
Hip - At level of pubic bone
Upper Arm - Maximal contraction; greatest measurement obtained
Thigh - Maximal measurement
Calf - Maximal measurement
All measurements are done before a workout while muscles are still "cold". The tape should be horizontal and taut but should not compress the skin.
|Have you tried other source of protein ?||As a bodybuilder, there are some advantages in replacing meat, poultry and fish from time to time as your principal sources of protein, particularly to replenish glycogen stores. If you choose to use protein alternatives, you need a good nutritional understanding of these foods so you can select and balance your meals.
If you are a vegetarian bodybuilder, or if you are thinking about becoming a vegetarian, your diet will need special attention.
Properly Planned Non-meat Meals for Bodybuilder
- They are high in fiber, unrefined carbohydrates and protein.
- Non-meat meals tend to be low in fat.
- Non-meat meals can be cheaper than meat and fish based meals.
A note of warning: Adding cheese, cream, butter, margarine or oil increases the fat content of meals, even if they are based on alternative protein foods.
|How do people become infected with the Avian Influenza virus ?||Most cases of avian influenza in humans have resulted from direct or close contact with infected poultry (e.g. handling diseased birds, handling fighting cocks, playing with poultry or eating undercooked poultry) or surfaces contaminated with secretions or excretions from infected birds. Very rarely does the virus spread from one human to another.
What are the symptoms of Avian Influenza in humans ?
- Sore Throat
- Breathing problem
- Muscle aches
Precautions - Bird Flu / Avian Influenza